Lawsuits are typically brought by people harmed by a singular act of wrongdoing or negligence. The injury these plaintiffs suffer is generally unique to them and the compensation they seek is specific to their losses. Sometimes, however, large groups are affected by common injuries that cannot be individually litigated in a cost-effective or efficient manner, class action litigation can be the only means to redress wide-reaching wrongful conduct. We are experienced in managing large-scale and complex class action litigation, often proceeding concurrently in multiple states across the country.
Class action lawsuits may be utilized in many kinds of matters, such as:
- Defective products: automotive, electronics, health care devices, prescription and over-the-counter medications, building materials, etc.
- Consumer services: credit card, telephone, banking, utilities, loans, insurance, etc.
- Commercial transactions: deceptive sales practices, antitrust, breaches of warranty, etc.
- Financial concerns: shareholder disputes, securities fraud, pension and benefit issues, etc.
- Employment: unpaid wages & overtime, unfair practices, unsafe working conditions, etc.
Class action litigation requires tremendous resources and a team of experienced attorneys. If you or your business has been harmed by another and feel that the problem is widespread, give us a call today to learn how we can help.